• On 22 July 2020, Security and Military Strategic Studies Centre’s representatives received the 2020 National Security Council’s Award in the main category, presented by the Prime Minister Andrej Babis. The ceremony took place in Liechtenstein Palace in Prague.
• Czech President Milos Zeman appointed Colonel Zuzana Krocova the new University of Defence rector in the Throne Room at Prague Castle on 29 July 2020 at the presence of the leading defence personalities headed by Minister of Defence Lubomír Metnar and Chief of General Staff General of the Army Ales Opata.
• “For me, all are standing here with me,” said Lieutenant Jan Hruska who impersonated all 117 graduates on 2020 from the University of Defence for the military graduation ceremony meaning his co-graduates. Due to epidemiologic counter measures the ceremony in a limited form without public audience took place inside the barracks in Sumavska Street on 30 July, instead of the Brno city central square.
• Faculty of Military Health Sciences started the 2020 graduation ceremony in the premises of Charles University Medical Faculty one hour past noon on 28 July by the graduates lined up there and by the national flag brought inside by two guards at the tones of a historic chant.
• Prime Minister Andrej Babis and Minister of Defence Lubomír Metnar came to the University of Defence’s Faculty of Military Health Sciences in Hradec Kralove to see and thank military medics for their effort paid during the corona virus crisis. On the occasion they got acquainted with the education and research institution.